As a Senior Principal Power Architect you would be shaping the power and thermal management polices across Arm's latest platform architectures, impacting SoC implementations, system IP and system solution IP both within Arm and across the wider semiconductor industry.
In the Central Technology – Systems team, we have a diverse set of motivated engineers covering all aspects of system architecture. We work in partnership with the engineering teams to define the platform architectures for Arm's Client, Infrastructure, Automotive and IoT systems.
Do you have experience in clock and power management architectures? If so you have the opportunity to join a small team who share a passion for extracting the maximum performance and power efficiency from the very latest process technologies!
- Define the system-level power, clock and thermal control policies in hardware and/or software to improve performance and efficiency
- Define system-level power budgets, power states or modern Client and Infrastructure SoCs
- Develop dI/dt adaptive droop mitigation and adaptive voltage scaling strategies
- Create internal architecture specifications and customer documentation for power, clock & thermal management design
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.Sc. in Electronic, Electrical or Computer Engineering. Other degrees will also be considered with relevant experience
- 7+ years experience in power analysis, power architecture for complex SoCs or IPs, preferable involving CPUs and/or GPUs
- Proven experience estimating, modelling and evaluating workload power & thermal characteristics before and after tapeout
- Deep knowledge of peak power and thermal mitigation techniques on large complex systems such as smartphone Application Processors or Infrastructure ASICs
- Experience with ASIC power state definition and optimisation techniques such as power gating, clock gating, dynamic voltage and frequency scaling (DVFS) and ageing mitigations
- Creative, dynamic thinker, open minded with strong problem-solving skills
- Fast learner of new technologies
- Comfortable coping with uncertainty & resolving ambiguity, as you will be setting the direction
- Ability to work in a collaborative, diverse and inclusive environment across time zones
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
‘Nice To Have’ Skills and Experience:
- Masters or PhD in Electronic, Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience with Arm processors, CPU architecture and SoC subsystems
- Understanding the key use cases, design constraints and workloads in a modern smartphone Application Processor SoC
- Familiarity with the Android/Linux kernel energy model
- Familiar with PMICs, SMPS, LDO and power delivery networks
- Experience of SoC clock architectures
- Understanding of CMOS technology constraints
- Knowledge of die to die, 2D and 3D SoC partitioning
We offer a competitive reward package including annual bonus, RSUs and healthcare support. As well as other benefits such as an on-site gym and social events that are organised within the company!
We are offering a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.