At Perspectum, we have a novel approach to software development. Our core premise is built on the fundamental belief that software engineers are more than coders. However, we recognise that our approach isn’t the norm, and because of this, we look at the recruitment process differently.
To excel at Perspectum, you need above all else to be motivated to solve business problems. To do this, you’ll need a broad range of skills, therefore, we’re not looking for the finished article. Instead, we’re looking to invest in people who are early/mid-career who want to remain technically hands-on yet have an interest in leveraging their creative problem-solving skills.
As a software engineer at Perspectum, you will form part of a small team, within the wider software engineering group. In this role you will be focused on making incremental improvements to our products in the form of new features, bugfixes and small changes. As a team member, you will work closely with your teammates, collectively taking on full responsibility for the end-to-end delivery lifecycle in line with our business priorities.
Addition to the delivery of software, in your role as a software engineer in this team, you will be required to proactively meet with internal users and stakeholders of our software to gain an understanding of their requirements to help inform our internal team priorities.
As Software Engineer your day-to-day duties will include:
- Implement software code in a language applicable to the application in question
- Identify and fix bugs in our currently released software products
- Proactively build and release incremental improvements in our existing products
- Work with our cloud infrastructure where appropriate to facilitate the delivery of projects
- Proactively communicate with the wider project team to help define requirements
- Work with product stakeholders and users to define the priorities for new features, bugfixes and general improvements.
- Take part in code reviews as required
- Attend design and architecture reviews and actively contribute with the aim of improving the quality of the proposals put forward
- Keep up to date with advances in software development through team discussion meetings and appropriate personal training
- Contribute to planning activities by providing appropriate estimation and complexity insights into feature requests
- Collaborate with product management, end users and other stakeholders on product development
To be successful in this role you will have a solid grounding in software development within an commercial environment as well as experience with version control software (Preferably Git) and cloud services such (e.g.: AWS, Google Cloud or Azure). You will have good oral and written communication skills as well as ability to work both independently and as part of a team. You will also be well organised.