Work with us at Riverford and join a thriving employee-owned business
- Be part of a friendly, inclusive, and talented team.
- Grow with us we’re proud to offer a bucketload of training and development opportunities to support your chosen career path.
- We offer 10% training time every week helping you to grow
- Work-life balance. We love what we do, but we also cherish our non-work time to relax and recharge.
- Flexitime. Our core working hours are 10am-3pm, with flexibility outside of that.
- Annual profit share; at least 10% of all our profits are split equally between all co-owners.
More than just a veg box’.
Riverford are mad about organic veg. It’s at the core of everything we do. We love to grow it, pack it into boxes, and deliver it to around 70,000 homes across the UK every week.
This takes loads of brilliant people and working here makes you a ‘co-owner’, since Riverford is employee owned. Success means much more than just profits; we want this to be a place people enjoy coming to work, and a business our co-owners feel proud of!
In 2021, we were delighted to be awarded two-star Best Companies accreditation, recognising Riverford as an ‘outstanding’ place to work.
About the team..
Riverford is an e-commerce business like no other, and we have a website to match: a bespoke system, built in-house, that’s both easy to use and allows great flexibility in how our customers shop.
You’ll be joining our Digital Product Team, responsible for building and maintaining Riverford’s websites and mobile apps. It’s a friendly and welcoming group; we’ll be here to mentor you, supporting you to develop your existing skills and learn new ones, whilst working on features that will really make a difference for our users.
During the UK’s first lockdown, we launched a new website to cope with an influx of new customers. We’re now planning a range of new features, taking advantage of the flexibility of our new platform. We’re also building on the success of Riverford’s ecommerce mobile app, with an advantageous roadmap of exciting new features.
What you’ll be doing’
As a Software Engineer and co-owner, you will be responsible for the development of both customer-facing and back-office systems. You will be involved in everything from the databases to mobile apps, to front end user interface. You will be flexible, keen to embrace new technologies and ways of working.
You will take a considered approach to development and be responsible for software excellence; considering testing at all stages of the software development lifecycle, and working closely with the team to automate testing at the unit and functional levels. We take security seriously, performing our own automated security testing.
Skills & experience’
- Good understanding of Node.js along with the associated library ecosystems and tooling
- Experience in declarative and component-based frameworks such as React, Angular or Vue.js integrated with backend APIs
- Computer science fundamentals, data structures, time and space complexity
What is the Salary?
Up to 50,000 per annum d.o.e.
ocation Hybrid (Buckfastleigh, Devon, TQ11 0JU) or Remote
Riverford is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people and other perks too. Some of our benefits include: 33 days holiday pro rata (including bank holidays), generous company pension scheme, annual profit share (10% of all our profits are split equally between all co-owners), heavily discounted organic breakfasts and lunches, free organic fruit and veg, and free parking.