MBDA Missile Systems – Together. For the future of defence.
Salary: up to 60,000 (doe) + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working, but please note that this role is currently site based.
Software Engineer (Launch Management and Data Link Software)
We are seeking a Software Engineer to develop Launch Management Software and Data Link software for the current and next generation of Maritime and Ground Based Air Defence Systems. MBDA produce some of the most advanced missile defence systems in the world and we have to be at the forefront of innovative technologies, working practices, theory and delivery processes.
This role involves activities across the software engineering lifecycle, from discussing requirement change with the Systems team, all the way to being involved with qualification and software releases. The software development will be in Rhapsody/UML and Ada primarily, in both Windows and Linux environments. Exposure to the testing on the hardware and host based testing will also form part of the role.
We welcome applications from those with experience in other languages, as we have found that these tools are easily mastered by capable software engineers with effective training; help and support will be provided if needed.
What we're looking for from you:
- Do you have a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern systems? This is a very hands-on role and requires the continued design and development of the Launch Management and Data Link Software Product Line architectures, and the instantiations for future products supporting the development of safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- The role requires a strong background or keen curiosity about application level software, its realisation and system wide impact.
- An ability to work across the entire software development process from engaging with requirement authorities to automated target integration and proving, supported with effective documentation.
- Software engineers that can bring experience of new tools, techniques and approaches that might enable us to evolve our processes to improve our efficiency and sustainability.
What to expect:
- You will be working with people and technologies at the forefront of European missile systems design, supporting the development of safe, secure and reliable products, which our customers can rely on.
- Our teams develop software used in the most advanced weapon systems in the world within a critical and influential Software Engineering Directorate; part of a large progressive and adaptable company.
- We apply small, focused teams of engineers to sophisticated problems, giving the opportunity to work with a dedicated group of expert software, systems and electronics engineers.
- We maintain an impactful team culture!
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.