(Based from Farnborough however you will have the option to WFH up to 4 days per week)
As the demand for QinetiQ’s products and services continues to increase, we are looking to appoint a Software Engineer to join our current team of talented engineers working on Synthetic Environment and Simulation projects. The team undertakes a variety of work, ranging from prototyping and concept demonstrators to large-scale systems in support of military training, testing, evaluation and experimentation, and across Joint, Air, Land, and Maritime domains.
In this hands on development role, you will be responsible for supporting a number of innovative simulation and software development projects.
QinetiQ prides itself on the delivery of world class capability, developing next generation software solutions. If you have a passion for technology, with an ability to embrace new technologies / ways of working to solve complex problems, we would like to hear from you.
- Strong problem solving and engineering skills, with a sound understanding of systems engineering principles
- Experience developing simulation software in the defence or adjacent sectors
- Experience in planning, estimation, development and execution of complex software projects across the whole software lifecycle
- Ability to contribute to requirements capture, analysis, and solution development
- Experience of Agile software engineering practices
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with customers, stakeholders, and colleagues, in person and in writing
- Development experience using C++, Java or C#
- Experience with simulation interoperability standards such as DIS, HLA, SIMPLE
- Some understanding / appreciation of tactical datalinks
- Experience with Live, Virtual, Constructive and Gaming training and simulation systems
- Experience with Atlassian tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence & BitBucket)
- Experience using, configuring and integrating with COTS simulation products
- Experience using automated integration and testing tools
Why join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges. You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, adaptive and flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Please note that many roles in QinetiQ are subject to national security vetting. Applicants that already hold the appropriate level of vetting may be able to transfer it upon appointment, subject to approval. A number of roles are also subject to restrictions on access to information that mean factors such as nationality, previous nationalities held and the country in which you were born may have an effect on the roles that you can be employed in.