DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We help people into work, and make payments worth over £195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work with us on developing innovation software solutions to ensure DWP services are reliable and secure.
You'll join our community of tech experts in DWP Digital. We're driving a once-in-a-generation transformation of government services, using fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies to create innovative, scalable and user-centric digital solutions.
The DWP products and services we maintain and modernise will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives. The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our scale and purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
As a Software Engineer you'll be leading the design and development of C# based software solutions within an Agile environment, working closely with product owners to innovate and improve DWP services, ensuring they are reliable and secure for the millions of UK citizens that use them.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of .NET C#
- Experience of re-factoring legacy systems using C#
- Development of complex changes and enhancements – programming and build
- Strong working knowledge of Unit Testing TDD
- Carrying out rigorous testing of changes and enhancements
- Upskilling and coaching of junior colleagues
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in Leeds, Newcastle or Sheffield, whichever is most convenient for you.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £55,666 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.