DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We're looking for outstanding Software Engineers to join our community of experts in DWP Digital. Together we're transforming how DWP works, and the services we provide to millions of people.
Our Software Engineers build and support products and services that our users need to find work, get support and access payments worth over 195bn a year.
You'll join an agile, multidisciplinary team and collaborate with analysts, architects and engineers, to design and build software products that are more efficient, accessible, and available for ALL our users.
Your Skills / Our Stack
- Cloud-based environments like AWS and Azure.
- SQL and noSQL database applications such as Postgres, DynamoDB, and MongoDB
- Containerisation – tools such as Docker and Kubernetes. (Training provided)
- Robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
- APIs, RESTful services, and Microservice Architectures.
Our Engineering challenge is huge and complex:
- We have 1bn lines of code in over 12,000 code repos and 90+ programming languages.
- We run around 294 days' worth of testing every day through automation.
- Our APIs receive 173 million requests, and we spin up 280,000 AWS servers every month.
- Over 22 million people access our services daily. We're one of the biggest payers in Europe with over 195bn payments made annually.
You'll be part of a thriving, supportive engineering community:
Our teams use their skills to build stuff that matter. You'll develop your skills and grow your career while working alongside skilled, purpose-driven software practitioners.
We invest in our people, and you'll have access to coaching, training, qualifications, meetups and just whatever works for you to help you be at your best.
Details. Wages. Perks.
- Join us in one of our digital hubs either in Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester or Sheffield.
- Pay up to 56,480.
- Hybrid working, using our brilliant collaboration tools for home working, as well as some time in the office
- Brilliant Civil Service Pension with contributions worth over 27% of your salary.
- Leave package starting at 26 days, as well as the usual public holidays.
- Take up 3 extra days off a month using flexi leave.
- Flexible, family-friendly policies, including flexi hours
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Sports and social activities
- Award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
Stage 1: Easy CV Application
Stage 2: Technical Exercise
Stage 3: Interview
We know how valuable your time is – finding a new job is stressful enough without having to do umpteen stages and round after round of technical exercises.
That's why we have a clear and succinct hiring process with THREE QUICK STAGES
So click the APPLY button and get started with the next step in your career at DWP Digital.