We are committed to creating the most respected expert technology solutions and recruitment company bar none, by treating our people better than any other business. We will be your dedicated career coach; giving you honest advice, helping you find the best opportunities and much more.
This Contract Role as a Software Engineer in Chicago, IL will participate in designing and delivering a cloud based front end trading solution, using the latest web development technologies and leveraging microservices for flexibility and scalability, while taking an Agile execution approach and applying DevSecOps principles in crafting the solution.
- Hands on technical lead, building consensus on detailed design and architecture plans for complex, large scale efforts.
- Applies expert knowledge of C# or Java language, DBMS and middle-ware technologies in independently designing and developing key services.
- Leads code reviews, proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues and defects.
- Defines key metrics driving code optimization and re-factoring.
- Plays a lead role in preliminary story review, providing constructive feedback and input on both work effort estimation as well as architecture/design improvements.
- Plays a lead role in working with analysts to interpret high level requirements for complex, large scale initiatives and decomposing them into independent stories and sub-tasks for the team.
- Expected to develop network of relationships within the organization in order to achieve results and to effectively communicate vision and status both within/across teams as well as to management.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts by identifying and championing practical means of reducing time to market while maintaining high quality products (i.e. – process improvements/automation opportunities).
- Minimum 4 years experience
- Subject Matter Expertise in developing either C#/.NET or Java based solutions.
- Must be knowledgable of C#, SQL, Agile
- Worked in any enterprise environment
- Optional: Knowledge of micro services architecture, container management systems like Kubernetes.
- Working knowledge of DevSecOps principles and Agile principles.
Solving IT is pleased to offer a rich benefit plan to our W2 employees. We offer five health plan options and a PPO dental plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Term Life/AD&D Insurance, and 401(k) Savings Plan. Solving IT subsidizes the health and dental premium for the employee.
As you continue to develop your skills and experience, Solving IT will work with your changing preferences to match you with rewarding projects. Our unrivaled reputation for quality is demonstrated through our Inavero Best of Staffing award that was won due to the feedback from our own clients and candidates. We also love to socialize and have fun so we have regularly scheduled parties and events for you to unwind and network with fellow consultants.
Whether you are searching for your next challenge or just looking to stay on top of market trends, Solving IT is committed to help position you appropriately. By leveraging the latest market and compensation data available, you can rest assured that you are getting more than just an informed opinion. You are getting the Solving IT Experience.