We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to develop software components forming part of a large system that will meet defined functional and performance requirements. If you have experience of C++ andor Java running under Linux and an interest in working on a large technically challenging defence project, then we have a place for you on our team.
Reporting to one of our Software Functional Managers, you will provide hands-on development experience and contribute with a broad range of software disciplines including design, coding, testing, integration, build systems and configuration management.
You will either bring to us, or acquire with us, domain knowledge in Naval Sonar, interfacing to Combat Management Systems, Hull Mounted and Variable Depth Sonars, Torpedo Detection and defence systems.
You will have opportunities for software specialisation in Sonar Signal Processing, feature rich Human Computer Interfaces, Operating System Infrastructure and Middleware, and Software Verification and Validation.
At a senior level you will also have the opportunity to take on positions of responsibility by leading small teams focused on software Work Package delivery or providing technical leadership for more complex aspects of the system.
You shall be confident in managing your own time, be focused on meeting project objectives and have an appreciation of Agile methodologies applied in a technically rigorous environment for projects with defined costs, schedules and contractual milestones.
We operate out of three sites in the UK; Weymouth (Dorset), Greenford (West London) and Loudwater (Buckinghamshire). We offer flexible working arrangements but do require presence on our sites when required by projects due to access to specialized equipment.
Key Responsibilities as a Software Engineer
- Software component level and detailed design utilizing the Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- Software implementation and unit test
- Greenfield and Brownfield software development
- Software Integration, verification and defect resolution
- Contributing to Software Design, Test, Maintenance and Release documentation
- Following Ultra Software Development Processes
- Contributing to a team effort within an Agile environment
Skills, Qualification and Experience as a Software Engineer
- At a senior level you will be expected to have an educational background in a STEM subject and commercial software experience that is transferable to software development in the defence industry.
- At a senior level you will be expected to be a practitioner in a selection of, and an awareness of all of:
- C++ and or Java
- Software Design, ideally based on UML
- Software Test, Integration and Verification
- Software Configuration and Build Management, for example GIT
- Continuous Integration, for example Jenkins
If you feel like this is the right role for you than please apply now with an your most up to date CV, we look forward to hearing from you.