Position requires knowledge of relevant development environments and protocols and ensures adherence to technical standards. Responsibility includes gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code in C. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment, software test tools & environment, and software development tools & processes as they relate to the DO-178C certification spec.
Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
KEY AREAS OF REPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and integrate complex embedded control systems for power electronics.
- Primarily work with TI series DSP and Code Composer Studio.
- Participate and lead all aspects of software development, verification, testing and documentation based on DO-178C requirements.
- Participate in creation of an efficient process for DO-178C certification including the necessary tools for such a process.
- Perform board level troubleshooting, development, and testing.
- Collaborate with other Transdigm business units, as necessary, on projects.
- Communicate with customers for design reviews, status updates, etc.
- Create relevant documentation.
- Some travel (10 -20%) may be necessary.
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
- Ability to develop software in C.
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2) is desired.
- Proficiency in software engineering development, testing and certification process tools.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications.
- Demonstrates project leadership skills.
- Looks for and incorporates process improvement opportunities in the development process.
- Good oral and written communication
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field
Desired Background and Experience:
- 5-10 years experience: designing interactive applications; test-driven development.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team.
- Organizational and analytical skills a must.
- Meets project schedules and budgets
Due to the potential for exposure to ITAR controlled data, the incumbent in this role must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident).
Software Engineer Tempe, AZ
Open for 4 months, has a remote contractor – In office only for this role
Team of 1 for the last 2 years, embedded systems coding, DO- 178 environment – FAA
C – is the language they need, C programming is a general-purpose, procedural, imperative computer programming language
TI – embedded systems processing experience, doesn’t need to be TI
DO 178 – is the primary document by which the certification authorities such as FAA, EASA and Transport Canada approve all commercial software-based aerospace systems
DSP engineer (digital signal processing engineer) is dedicated to developing algorithms for signal processing in the broad sense. He works on projects in the fields of telecommunications, audio, video, space domain, medical imaging, e
No relo, on site
115 – 135K
Embedded used tgo run electronics