We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic person who is passionate about all things web and new technology to join the GI Platforms, working in our Quote and Payment Development Team.
We would love you to be a part of building great new innovative ways to engage with new and existing customers. It's never been more important for us to hire fantastic people into our awesome teams who sit at the forefront of delivering our strategy.
Within GI Platforms we approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set, focused on delivering small, value driven enhancements. We achieve this with our scrum teams which include developers, testers, Business Analysts and Product Owners to create brand new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining our existing products to improve code quality against our core development principles.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our GI Platforms, working within one of our scrum teams to build, maintain, change and further evolve both existing and new products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with scrum team members and Product Owner to architect solutions that are capable of long-term maintainability and growth whilst delivering focused, value driven changes to a high quality standard.
- Influencing the teams with your technical expertise and aspirations to develop the best application solutions.
- Fostering team spirit and collaboration within your team.
- Leading the way by engaging and contributing to the technical capability of our products to ensure they are the best fit for our customers.
- Displaying good verbal and written communication skills enabling effective interaction with both IT and Business stakeholders.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experienced and confident developers who want to be hands on and develop great platforms on a large scale.
- Bringing people on board with excellent technical expertise in Web development technologies including C# MVC, .Net Core.
- Knowledge of Akka.Net development desirable.
- Comfortable in problem diagnosis and resolution in pressured situations.
- Experience in negotiating, influencing, challenging and gaining commitment.
- Knowledge of industry direction and trends within Web and Mobile application development.
- Shaping product backlogs, new projects and initiatives, assessing the impact of initiatives, programmes or projects on systems/applications.
- Experienced working within an agile environment; able to identify and create epics, write user stories, t-shirt sizing and pointing.
- Developers that aren't afraid to fail whilst also wanting to celebrate success.
- Knowledge and experience of the implementation of modern software engineering practices, such as Test-Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Code Analysis software (CheckMarx).
What will you get for this role?
- salary of circa £35,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people – that's you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0121 200 5926 or send an email to alice .firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.