Required Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
City: Annapolis Junction
Potential for Teleworking: No
Schedule: Full Time
DoD 8570 IAT Requirement: None
DoD 8570 IAM Requirement: None
DoD 8570 IASAE Requirement: None
DoD CSSP Requirement: None
Base-2 Solutions is looking for a top-notch software engineer to join our team. We are driven to solve challenging customer problems by leveraging innovative technical solutions. Our software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that drive decision making and impact our national defense. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, and UI design. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. Responsibilities: Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components. Experience with some or all of the following:
- IDEs such as Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, Visual Studio and VS Code
- Operating systems such as Windows, Unix, Linux and macOS
- Team collaboration and issue tracking tools such as Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence), GitHub and ServiceNow
- Software frameworks such as Spring, Angular and Bootstrap
- Databases such as Oracle, MySQL and MongoDB
- Build tools such as Maven and Jenkins
- Containers and container orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Configuration management tools such as Git, SVN and CVS
- Cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- Seven (7) years experience as a software engineer is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph clearance is required.
Our Pay & Benefits Include Compensation
- Above Market Pay
- Up to $10,000 for Referral Bonuses
- Additional Bonuses for Exceptional Performance and Assisting with Business Development and Company Growth
- 100% Paid Premiums for Health Insurance. Choose from over 60 gold-level medical plans from Aetna, CareFirst BCBS, Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare. Choose from PPO, EPO, POS, HMO, and HSA-compatible plans with Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options.
- 100% Paid Premiums for Dental Insurance
- 100% Paid Premiums for Vision Insurance
- 100% Paid Premiums for Short-Term Disability
- 100% Paid Premiums for Long-Term Disability
- 100% Paid Premiums for Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 100% Paid Premiums for Basic Term Life Insurance
- 8% Company Contribution to 401k with Immediate Vesting of Contributions and Pre-Tax and Roth Options
- Up to 25 Days of Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Days of Paid Floating Holidays
- Flexible Work Schedules including Flex Time and Compressed Work Period
- Remote Work including Partial or Fully Remote.