Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Applies coding skills to defined capabilities or tasks as assigned with little guidance, becomes go-to for development of some capabilities or functions
- Demonstrates an ‘automation first’ mentality that improves quality and efficiency
- Develops understanding of cost, complexity, and capability tradeoffs in underlying architectures
- Develops awareness of upstream and downstream system interactions and dependencies
- Instruments features delivered using team- and/or product-standard monitoring and diagnostic frameworks
- Reuses and or develops for reuse code algorithms, or data structures to address common needs
- Actively follows industry trends in technology, tools, and components, sharing finds with team members
- Participates in Agile and CI-CD practices, takes ownership of some processes or practices for team
- Has awareness of the operational characteristics (e.g. security, performance, scalability, manageability) of solutions and is accountable for supporting those requirements in contributed code
- Demonstrates ability to quickly learn and appropriately apply new technologies
- Designs, develops, and implements solutions that exemplify modern software engineering practices
- Reuses and/or develops for reuse complex components or capabilities to solve complex problems and needs
- Contributes to or helps drive architecture/design, technology, and tool decisions and implementations
- Implements and continuously improves agile software delivery, code management, and operations practices
- Maintains current perspective on technology trends, applying that to personal and team capability growth.
- Actively participate in code review
- Remote Nationwide
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4+ years software engineering experience
- 2+ years’ experience with Java, Angular, Typescript
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- 2+ years’ experience utilizing Full Stack Engineer skillsets
- 6+ months of experience in Continuous Integration and Code management through Jenkins, Git, Node, NPM
- 6+ months of experience with Spring Boot, GraphQL, REST, Postgres or equivalent database experience, Kafka
- 6+ months of experience in Testing via JUnit, Karma, Jasmine, Spock, Cypress, Cucumber/Selenium
- 6+ months of Cloud based development experience with Docker, Azure AKS, or AWS
- 6+ months of experience or equivalent in Agile Scrum Methodology
- Basic knowledge of Camunda and its applications (1+ month)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, UHG, Unitedhealth, Hiring Immediately, #WFH, #Remote, #RPO, #GREEN