At Prodrive we support motorsport works and customer programmes across a range of international race and rally series. We are the team behind the 2020 GTE world endurance champions, the team that delivered the best-ever debut Dakar performance (having designed the car from scratch through the pandemic) and the team behind title contenders in the inaugural Extreme E series.
We're seeking a talented and motivated Software Engineer to join our systems team providing technical support to the motorsport department for race, rally & road projects.
The successful individual will be integral to developing and supporting electrical & electronic solutions use on our vehicles. This role will work alongside the other departments in a high pressure environment responsible for vehicle electronic systems and health analysis.
- Working in the systems team to develop electronic solutions from hardware selection, I/O allocation to software design and development
- Calibrating and tuning strategies for race & rally use
- Attending some events for data analysis and health monitoring of systems
- Assisting with the development & operation of test rigs
- Developing PC tools to assist race & rally engineers
Background and technical skills
- Must be experienced in model based software development using MATLAB & Simulink and setting up cross compilers and tool chains.
- C an advantage
- Development of PC software in tools such as C# and Python
- Experience of MIL, SIL & HIL testing
- Strong automotive, aerospace or motorsport understanding of electronics and embedded systems
- Good all-round technology knowledge and experience, especially full powertrain operating principles and calibration of
- Understanding various communication protocols and their limitations such as CAN, LIN & Ethernet and the use of bus analyzers such as PEAK, Vector or Kvaser tools
- Different sensor technologies
- Experience in motorsport or automotive ECU and data loggers
- Confident in integrating all components required to operate a racecar from the ground up
- Ability to read basic electronic schematics and follow electrical wiring drawings
- FMEA preparation & documentation
- Strong fault finding and working through problems methodically, both in hardware and software
- Data analysis using time series data loggers and health checking of vehicles
- EV systems & safe working practices an advantage
- Awareness of ISO26262 and functional safety goals & methods
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to operate both independently and in a collaborative, team environment
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and coordination skills
- Ability to work effectively and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to travel and support cars on event or test