Role: Software Engineer
Location: Bristol OR Frimley (hybrid working)
Salary: 30,000 – 45,000
Our client is looking for talented, driven, and ready-to-learn software engineers to join a truly unique defence project. The right candidate MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE SC CLEARANCE, being a UK citizen who's continuously lived in the UK for the last 5 years minimum.
This is an opportunity to join an organisation working on a wide breadth of defence projects spanning communications, to mission systems, to system integration; what is offered is interesting, challenging work with a company that will invest in you. Essential is your willingness to learn and take advantage of all the upskilling on offer! Primarily, the role will be centred around refreshing and deploying a battlefield wide area network solution. There are many facets to this, and so your workload and opportunity will be varied.
The opportunity will also give you the opportunity to spend a period of time over in Australia working on similar projects, learning, and then coming back to the UK to impart the knowledge you gained. This will suit candidates wanting to see a little more of the world; the client is offering an all expenses paid trip to Brisbane, Australia, for as long as you'd like, a truly once in a lifetime opportunity.
- A proficiency in C/C++/Python – what is important is proficiency in one language and willingness to learn
- Application of systems engineering practices and principles
- Experience in developing and applying continuous improvement to process and productivity for Software
- Experience working with third parties to integrate their products into an overall system
- A willingness to learn
- Ideally a degree/degree level qualification/experience in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or an Engineering/Technology related field
Alongside working on topical, worthwhile projects, you'll have flexible working arrangements, upskilling, study assistance, and a fantastic benefits package.