Duration: 12 months
Rate: £44.69 per hour Umbrella or £34.77 per hour PAYE
The successful candidate will work within the Air Frame Technologies Software Development Team, developing mission system computer airborne software generally written in Ada. Utilising Agile Development Processes and Techniques, the work will typically involve production of software design and code through to integration testing and support.
The successful candidate will be required to perform certain tasks which will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Work effectively as a Team member within a Team of engineers to design, develop, test, document, configure and deliver software developed to airborne standards.
- Develop all products to agreed standards and procedures using the specified tools and maintain product quality during development.
- Test products sufficiently to ensure minimal, or ideally no re-work is required due to incorrect implementation.
- Investigate and resolve problems raised during integration and formal acceptance.
- Agree to and work to timescales, clearly understanding and providing regular feedback of progress and achievement.
- Communicate effectively identifying early potential risks, seeking clarification, feedback and passing on guidance/tuition to team members with less experience.
- Ensure a good working knowledge of the project PSAC, SDP, SVP etc.
- Participate in continuous process improvement.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Familiarity with requirements capture and traceability tools/techniques (e.g., IBM DOORS)
- Familiarity with UML, PTC Integrity Modeler or similar software design tools/methodologies
- Knowledge of a High Level Programming language e.g. Ada, C, C++
- Knowledge of Software Development environments e.g., GPS (GNAT), GNATStudio
- Knowledge of Software Unit Testing Tools e.g., VectorCast/Ada
- Knowledge of:
- VxWorks 7
- Avionics busses e.g., MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).