Required Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
City: Annapolis Junction
Potential for Teleworking: No
Schedule: Full Time
DoD 8570 IAT Requirement: None
DoD 8570 IAM Requirement: None
DoD 8570 IASAE Requirement: None
DoD CSSP Requirement: None
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components. Required Skills
- Twenty (20) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelors degree.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams.
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software.
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance.
Our Pay & Benefits Include Compensation
- Above Market Pay
- Up to $10,000 for Referral Bonuses
- Additional Bonuses for Exceptional Performance and Assisting with Business Development and Company Growth
- 100% Paid Premiums for Health Insurance. Choose from over 60 gold-level medical plans from Aetna, CareFirst BCBS, Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare. Choose from PPO, EPO, POS, HMO, and HSA-compatible plans with Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options.
- 100% Paid Premiums for Dental Insurance
- 100% Paid Premiums for Vision Insurance
- 100% Paid Premiums for Short-Term Disability
- 100% Paid Premiums for Long-Term Disability
- 100% Paid Premiums for Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 100% Paid Premiums for Basic Term Life Insurance
- 8% Company Contribution to 401k with Immediate Vesting of Contributions and Pre-Tax and Roth Options
- Up to 25 Days of Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Days of Paid Floating Holidays
- Flexible Work Schedules including Flex Time and Compressed Work Period
- Remote Work including Partial or Fully Remote.