Location: 2 days in Malmesbury, 3 days remote
Start Date: ASAP
Rate: £550 per day
Duration: 6 months with likely extension
A company considered to be one of the most forward thinking in their space are looking for a Software Engineer to join ASAP.
- Develop information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Investigate problem areas.
- Follow the software development lifecycle.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtain and license software by obtaining required information from vendors, recommending purchases, and testing and approving products.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Experience coding using C and Python
- Low level debugging experience
- Experience with version control (preferably GIT)
- Scrum Agile experience
- Automated testing
- Software Design
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery (client uses Linux, Docker, and Python based scripts and tools
- Experience of communications protocols such as WiFi and Bluetooth Low energy Real time OS
- Experience of interfaces such as UART, I2C and SPI