We are Digital Science and we are advancing the research ecosystem.
We are a pioneering technology company, and our vision is of a future where a trusted and collaborative research ecosystem drives progress for all. We believe in better, open, collaborative and inclusive research. In creating the next generation of tools and working in partnership with the community we tackle some of the biggest challenges to research. In order to achieve our vision, we need innovative, inspiring and dynamic people to join our team. Do you want to join us in achieving our vision?
Your new role
As a Software Developer, you will be part of an experienced and well skilled technical team, with a clear vision of the technological and engineering goal within the exciting setting of an international and agile company. Our products are always evolving, so we first and foremost want our team to have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. You will have opportunities to work on a wide variety of projects, working with different parts of our technology stack and working closely with different members of our team.
What you’ll be doing
- Extend and implement rule-based and text mining based machine learning tools to disambiguate data sources and find links between data types
- Extract, transform and load data into a variety of data stores such as PostgreSQL and Google BigQuery
- Analyse data and enrichment outputs to find areas for improvement
- Build tools and create reports for performing quality assurance on our work
- Gather and analyse new sources of data
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Learning about and applying relevant programming technologies, frameworks, paradigms and best practices, and adhering to technical standards.
- Contributing to the planning, design and delivery of product enhancements.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Extensive experience with Python development
- Working with medium to large scale data processing
- Using, creating and working with SQL databases
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Self-learner, possessing inherent inquisitiveness
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- A degree in a technical subject, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team.
Our Vision & Values
We invest in, nurture and support innovative businesses and technologies that make all parts of the research process more open, efficient and effective.
The talent we secure is fundamental to us achieving our vision and our growth plans. The values we live by are:
We are brave in the pursuit of better
We are collaborative and inclusive
We are always open-minded
We are from and for the community