The Systems Performance Analysis team within Central Technology is has a phenomenal opportunity for a Performance Analysis Engineer!
Arm is building a team to develop best-in-class silicon demonstrators based on Arm’s IP compute sub-system solutions and addressing markets such as premium mobile, infrastructure and automotive. Using the latest nodes, e.g. 3nm today and utilizing the latest SoC 2.5D and 3D packaging developments.
You will run experiments on a pre-Silicon SoC environment analysing the performance of the different Arm components (CPU, GPU, etc) using use-cases close to the ones run on mobile phones. You will help bringing up some of these use cases and understanding their behaviour on future mobile phones. You will be in charge of finding the different potential bottlenecks and help providing solutions.
More than anything else, you have a willingness to absorb as much as possible about this new challenge. Given the impact and reach of this field, you’ll be encouraged to share this knowledge with other specialists across the company. This is centred around promoting and demonstrating the Arm core beliefs and behaviours.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Required Skills and Experience:
- Detailed understanding of computer architecture.
- Experience on Python or Ruby, Assembly language, ideally in Arm assembly, and programming languages such as C or C++
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work in teams and to collaborate with colleagues in other groups and sites.
- Proactive and motivated.
- Experience in hardware definition languages (VHDL, SystemVerilog) and IP integration flows
- Experience with RTL Emulation and FPGA flows
‘Nice To Have’ Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Unix, scripting, and source control systems (e.g., Git, Subversion).
- Familiarity with one or more CPU instruction sets.
- Familiarity with SystemVerilog
- Familiarity with ARM architectures.
- Experience with compilers and/or device drivers.
- Flair for lateral thinking and problem solving.
We offer a competitive reward package including annual bonus, RSUs, healthcare and wellness support. As well as other benefits such as a supplementary pension, and 25 days annual leave (with option to buy an additional 5 days per year). There's even an on-site gym and social events organised within the company!
We are offering a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.