Are you interested in working for a British multinational arms, security and aerospace company based in London?
I am recruiting for the largest defence contractor in Europe that ranks within the top 10 in the world. Who are currently in search of Software Engineers to join their team working on high profile projects in the Central Government and Transport sector.
As a Software Engineer some of your responsibilities will be:
- Designs, codes, tests, correct and documents large and/or complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result. Takes part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work
- Works closely with other teams in the lifecycle (e.g. build, operations, testing) to ensure that the delivery of software is coherent within the overall pipeline
- Produces or validates the schedule and effort estimate for each task they perform
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of schedule and will endeavour to estimate accurately and deliver according to those estimates
- Demonstrates skill and adeptness in team collaboration, technical discussion and negotiation.
- Continually increase personal understanding of the languages, frameworks, technical concepts, methods and measurements that underpin the Engineering disciplines and practices
- Demonstrates the ability to understand, challenge, contribute or construct software specification and is capable of building software in line with the specifications
- Exploits appropriate software development methods, languages, libraries and techniques and applies these to software engineering tasks to realise the most effective outcome
- Ensures that all work is consistent with defined standards where standards exist and to withstand professional scrutiny in any case
- Ensures that high quality and delivery standards are met and consistently delivers quality code on time and within estimate.
- Demonstrates the ability to reflect on and improve personal performance
- Works as a member of a development team, collaborates with other team members and participates in technical discussions and conversations with customers
As a Software Engineer some of the tech you will use will be:
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Primarily we want people who can code.
- C# is at the heart of what we do – so you'll have to know your way around this to hit the ground running, but you'll work with a range of technologies.
- We need people with various levels of experience at coding – from those reasonably early on their careers who need some support, to those of you who are at the very top of your game. If you already know Java and want to broaden your programming experience then we are happy to help you learn how to get the best out of C#.
As a Software Engineer you will receive:
- Offer a flexible working pattern which can been your needs, we understand that there needs to be a balance between work and home life
- We have a lot of working parents here, doing the school run is an acceptable task to do, our flexible working means you are able to do this
- We have a dedicated Career Manager who will guide you through your journey with us, providing career advice as you go
- If you need to change your hours we can do this on a pro-rata basis, we have a lot of people who work 3 or 4 days a week and we are happy to support this should you want to work a shorter week depending on what works for you
- We have a range of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are set up by our staff to focus on making our place of work a better place. Some of these are: Great Minds (Mental Health), Age (breaking stereotypes about people of all ages), All in Club (how to be inclusive to everyone) and much more
- A 1 stage interview process which is done online to save you more time and offer you more flexibility of time slots. If you would rather this was in person or want more information we can of course accommodate this as well.
- If you have a disability or require any additional support or time at interview stage please let our recruitment team know, we are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to giving you the best chance at interview stage.
If you would like to hear more about this role please feel free to reach out to Ryan at or click apply