Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Maldon, UK
Salary: 47,000 to 52,000 per annum
Job Type: Full-time/Permanent
- Write specific code for new software and firmware to ULT freezers in order to satisfy user requirements as well improves existing software by adding features or making them more efficient.
- Provide specific documentation related to product design to meet regulatory compliance, ISO 9001 and organization requirements.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures. Guide testing engineers on testing execution. Make adjustments until software and firmware work reliably as required.
- Analyse testing results, understand product improvement opportunities and drive implementation of changes.
- Feed software technology roadmap pipeline by targeting feasible and valuable features to the end user. Rely on different sources to research, analyse and invent high performance and differentiated software and firmware.
- Assist on quality complains from the field by providing technical support, understanding root cause and discussing potential product risks. Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Provide support on manufacturing processes and methods to meet product and quality requirements.
- Any other duties as required by the business
Education, skills and competencies:
Education, training, professional experience:
- University degree (diploma / master's) in computer engineering or a comparable qualification with a focus on software/ firmware development.
- Solid experience on software and firmware embedded development.
- Full Domain on C and C++ for embedded applications, USB2 host and device, Ethernet TCP-IP and Wi-Fi.
- Ideal Knowledge of STM32 (ARM M4), microcontrollers, Modbus RTU, Can-FD (ISO-TP), JSON-RTD, SPI and I2C, Bootloaders, Field orientated control for Brushless DC motors and Medical devices.
Professional competence, special knowledge (e.g. languages, IT):
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
- Combine the ability to think and plan strategically with a hands-on approach to work and ensure delivery of the agreed targets.
- Agile methodology experience (Desirable)
- Possess R&D capability to drive forward new ideas, demonstrate successful links with research centres, academia and other external partners.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving approach.
- Ownership and ability to provide necessary focus and priority on projects.
- High collaborative, team orientated and able to work cross-functionally across different departments.
- Outstanding communication, both verbal and written.
- Capacity to capture and develop over end user requirements.
- Comfortable working under time constraints to meet agreed deadlines.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Software Developer, Software Engineer, Systems Developer, Application Developer, Software Integration, Developer, Agile, Manufacturing, Programmer, Technical Developer, Systems Developer may also be considered for this role.