Pay360is aLevel1 PCI-DSS compliant provider of payment solutions.Theplatforms that it creates and manages are technically rich combinations of software, cloud services, hardware andnetworks that are high performance, highreliabilityand high security.
To ensure thatthese platformsremainat the forefront of the highly competitive and evolvingpayments,fraudand identity authentication marketsPay360has a strong on and offshore development department andneeds aSoftware Engineer to work within ouronshoreteam to deliverfunctionalandnon-function improvements in capability across out payment platforms..
Pay360 Software Engineer
Background: Pay360 is a Level 1 PCI-DSS compliant provider of payment solutions . The platforms that it creat es and manages are technically rich combinations of software, clo ud services, hardware and networks that are high performance, high reliability and high security .
To ensure that these platforms remain at the forefront of the highl y competitive and evolving payments, fraud and identity authentication markets Pay360 has a strong on and offshore development department and needs a Software Engineer to work within our onshore team to deliver functional and non-function improvements in capability across out pay ment platforms.
The technology stack is essentially Linux and Java , with an angular front end and the del ivery metho dology is ag ile , continuous integration and delivery with a two-week development and deployment cycle . T he platforms are mode rn, API based, deliver ing SaaS capabilities to our customers from a highly secure private cloud environment
Pay360 is part of Capita Group and is a distribute d , work from home organization with access to a wide network of offices for collaboration and hot desking if needed . We are innovative and curious by nature and promote an environment where we love learning new things and working with others to solve complex customer problems . In the rapidly changing world of payment s, we frequently encounter new and exciting challenges as we seek to meet the demands of our customers and expand our products and services to open up new possibilities . We process millions of transactions on our highly resilient and secure platforms.
Operating within our engineering framework and using modern development tools and methodologies , you will collaborate on the design, implementation, delivery and operation of our products and services , developing new skills and understanding on the way.
- Ensure the engineering excellence of your technical performance
- B uild and run code using industry best practice in accordance with our software development lifecycle , applying the appropriate software development and security standards and processes.
- Engage in sprint ceremonies and associated collaborative activities
- Contribute to specifically allocated delivery projects, working with other developers , product owners and operational staff to ensure effective delivery
- E nsure understanding of the requirement through liaison with other staff
- Contribute to the provision of estimates at a variety of levels of granularity
- Develop appropriate software health check and QA elements within the development process
- Perform peer code reviews to drive improvement s to quality and performance of software components
- Ensure that development activities align with the continuous delivery and automated QA activities
- Take responsibility for resolving support issues arising within applications and implement corrective action
- Use the appropriate tools to measure and support development activities
- Input innovative ideas within the overall organizational process improvement procedures
- Adopt Agile delivery practices, mentoring and coaching as required
S kills , Competencies and Experience
- Good background in general s oftware e ngineering and the agile approach
- S ome understanding of system design, software architecture, standard methodologies, and CI/CD.
- Knowledge of engineering secure systems
- S ome background in implementing systems using Java and MySQL
- Knowledge of Spring B oot , Jenkins, V agrant , Azure DevOps
- Awareness of Nexus, SonarQube, Veracode , JFrog
- Awareness of Kafka, ElasticSearch
- Awareness of JMeter, Selenium, JIRA, Confluence
- Some background in engineering high availability systems
- S ome background in engineering complex backend systems and APIs
- S ome understanding of testing strategies and reliability engineering.
- S ome experience of close working and collaboration with product teams
- Some experience of software development in the payments or ecommerce domains is desirable
- Some experience of engineering complex reporting solutions is desirable
- Some experience of delivering both functional and non-functional requirements
- Some k nowledge of e ngineering front end and UI
- S ome understanding of what the DevOps mentality is about and how it advi ses ways of working and technical ownership is desirable .
- Some experience of working with multiple collaborating teams in different organizations is desirable
- Some experience of hybrid on/offshore team working is desirable
- Some f amiliarity with the wider fintech landscape is desirable
- Logical, measures and determined
- Analytic thinker, planner, and engineer
- Team oriented collaborator and knowledge sharer
- Good communicator (written and oral)
- Problem solver
- Innovative thinker
- A relevant engineering degree is desirable