The Productivity Engineering group (PE) at Arm is ensuring our engineering teams have the tools and computational resources to succeed and is responsible for a range of activities ensuring our designs meet our partners' needs, from maintaining Arm's compute cluster to deploying new design and verification methodologies.
Within PE, the Formal Team (FT) supports hardware engineers across all our projects by enabling them to use formal verification workflows early in the development cycle. We engage with project teams to develop and deploy a universal formal verification framework (FTS) which provides a consistent and easy to maintain configuration for various verification flows to empower every engineer to run formal verification themselves. Results of the verification runs are visualised and made available to the engineers for triaging issues and collecting statistics for efficiency and compliance (FTT).
The flows are implemented by the FT team using industry leading EDA tools in formal verification, often in collaboration with formal engineers from across Arm and the tool vendors, which means that FT members need to be both proficient engineers and efficient at communicating with partners in other Arm teams.
The main focus of this role is to work on new features for FTS and improve formal verification flows.
- Collaborate with engineers from our international design centres to develop new verification flows
- Help to maintain and extend the existing verification framework by fixing issues and implementing improvements
- Interact with engineers across Arm to investigate issues and collect requirements
- Contribute to documentation and training material
- Improve the verification framework internals
Required Skills and Experience:
- Good programming skills with scripting languages, e.g. shell, Python, TCL
- Experience with code review and version control systems, e.g. git, gerrit, GitHub etc.
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Open to be flexible and accept new challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills
'Nice to Have' Skills and Experience:
- Strong interest in formal verification, ideally including experience with EDA tools for formal verification
- Experience with commercial formal verification tools
- Experience with Hardware Description Languages, including temporal assertions.
- Experience with CI flows (e.g., Jenkins)
- Familiarity with cluster/cloud technologies, e.g., Docker, AWS, LSF
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.