.Net Developer for the Devices teams in Center City Philadelphia!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Nicole Prokop
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $115,000 – $130,000 per year
A bit about us:
My best client I’ve worked with for the last seven years in Philadelphia is growing their engineering team. Currently they have an interesting and vastly profitable software product line that integrates payment systems of some of the largest brands in the world.
Their flagship client (Marriot) and others (Buffalo Wild Wings for example) have enrolled in their pay network to allow consumers to use credits and loyalty points that would otherwise go wasted across different companies. It’s a bit of it’s own currency focused on consumer choice. Large brands world wide are lining up for this innovative payment solution.
Their mobile applications are fairly robust and in need of new feature development in the ever changing landscape of technical improvements in the space. It’s a full time remote role with great benefits, company bonus, and a collaborative team. The company has a track record of high employee retention and satisfaction due to their workflows, team segmentations, and exciting work.
Why join us?
- Medical, Dental Vision
- 401(k) Match or Roth
- PTO and Holidays
- Short & Long term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life/A&D and Optional Life/A&D
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Legal Plans
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
We are currently seeking a top tier Software Engineer with specific experience in the Microsoft technology stack (.Net, C#, SQL) with a focus on our middleware products and interacting with hardware devices. This is a full-time salaried position. You will join a team of world class engineers and developers solving complex problems, building new product lines, and expanding existing products and services. You will be rewarded for creativity and innovation.
In this role, you will have multiple responsibilities including solution and software design and architecting, software development, n-tier solutions, high performing transaction handling, and complex secure system integrations. You will leverage various frameworks, patterns, and tools. You will have shared accountability for the quality of the solution and ensure seamless integration and implementations. You will report to the Director of Software Development.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Build properly structured, well-commented solutions for complex integrations and complex problems.
- Work directly with 3rd party Point of Sales and hardware devices.
- Maintain and expand our middleware solutions.
- Exercise thorough unit and system testing.
- Work within a scrum team to create stories, tasks, estimates, and delivery for each sprint.
- Follow and contribute to technical standards, coding standards, tools, platforms, and approaches. Help define and create application frameworks and common libraries for a wide variety of solutions, always seeking to reuse code and core frameworks where possible.
- Work with the QA team to ensure proper test plan, test coverage, test execution, and defect remediation.
- Related tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least a BS/BA Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- A minimum of 4 years experience as a Software Developer/Engineer
- Strong, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with .Net 4.0+, VS 2012+
- Object-oriented design and programming
- Windows Servers/Services
- Experience building multi-threaded, high throughput, transactional processing software
- Direct interaction with hardware devices
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, industry-accepted best practices in source code control, architecture, coding structure, and unit/system testing
- Building and documenting interfaces for 3rd party consumption
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including TCP/IP socket programming, HTTP and HTTPS handling, WiFi, GPRS, SSH, SSL.
- Abstract thinking skills and employing experience and knowledge to create innovative solutions
- Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies, e.g., Agile/Scrum, Extreme Programming
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, managing multiple initiatives at one time in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with accurate project estimating and planning, working in a team oriented and collaborative environment, working in a high pressure and fast paced organization
- Data security, encryption handling, compliance, data privacy and laws
- After hours support as needed
- Strong MS Office, Project, and Visio skills
- Occasional travel may be required (U.S.)
Optional Skills and Experience
- SQL and SQLite
- Familiarity with Oracle XStore
- Have used JAXB before
- Experience with Kotlin (test tooling + CI is in Kotlin)
- VirtualBox or VMWare
- Experience in high volume transactional processing environments, preferably financial or payment related
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.