We are looking for Software Engineers and Data Engineers with experience to join our cutting edge Data Products team, working with machine learning and leveraging our data lake and in-house analytics platform.
Our team is made up of engineers and data scientists. We are friendly, highly collaborative and we design and maintain our own solutions as a team, from concept to deployment – including monitoring and reporting – using a combination of technologies.
This role is 100% Home based (UK & Ireland) or Hybrid with our office in Canary Wharf.
Reach plc is the UK's largest news publisher, with an award-winning digital portfolio comprising more than 50 titles, ranging from national publications such as Mirror Online, Express and Daily Star and large regionals such as Manchester Evening News to smaller county, city and specialist titles.
Every day our newsbrands – national and regional, in print and online – reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher and 6th largest digital platform.
There are 47m online readers in the UK. 30.8 of them get local news from the Live network – 65% of all adults. Our network of over 70 websites provides 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8.1 billion page views per year.
- The opportunity to work with design, build and deploy services used by millions of people
- Work with Big Data, Data Lakes, Machine Learning and a wide range of modern technologies
- Work in a team of highly skilled data scientists and software engineers
- Training and professional development
- Fully remote working for all team members (UK & Ireland)
The Ideal Candidate
What we are looking for
Experience deploying software to the cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure, Heroku, Netlify, Vercel) and/or publishing software (e.g. GitHub, NPM, PyPi)
- Experience using databases – SQL (e.g. Postgres, MariaDB, MySQL) and/or NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Elasticsearch) is beneficial
- Prior experience working in a collaborative, agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban), and scoping and estimating work is beneficial
- Enjoys working collaboratively and learning new platforms, technologies and skills
If you don't have all the specific skills above but think you might be a good fit for what we are looking for, we'd love to hear from you!
- Help saving for your retirement – matched contributions up to 6%
- 25 days' holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years' service with Reach, you'll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day's leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Flexibility – In this role, you'll be fully remote-working (UK based) giving you more flexibility to balance home and life. We'll support you with your home set-up, and you'll be able to claim expenses for any trips to our office 'hubs'
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you'll be eligible after just six months' employment.
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK's top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone's invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you'll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.