The Cloud Experience team is responsible for developing and operating our cloud portal, which provides teams the ability to self-service infrastructure (compute, network, storage) for their application needs. We have a variety of front-end, back-end and operational work as we strive to provide full-service ownership for our applications and services.
- Design and implement applications and services supporting our enterprise cloud portal.
- Integrating with CI/CD, Kubernetes, VMs, data platforms, networking, and storage.
- Implement industry-wide best practices around micro-service development.
- Build common components for reuse across the organization, maintaining documentation, demo applications and reviewing pull requests.
- Evolve our development ecosystem by exploring and prototyping new ways of meeting our business needs—–.
- Share an on-call rotation and be the escalation contact for service incidents.
- Engineering degree in a related technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- A solid foundation in object-oriented and cloud native design.
- Experience with configuration management (SaltStack, Ansible, or Chef)
- Experience in writing HTTP services in higher-level languages (e.g., Java/Spring, Go).
- Experience with relational and document databases (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB, etc.).
- Experience learning new open-source software, APIs and frameworks.
- Exposure to automated testing, modern CI/CD pipelines, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Familiar with bash, Git, JIRA and agile methodologies.
- Experience working with and maintaining a community around open-source software
- Desire to evangelize Developer Culture and lead change within the organization
- Desire to mentor junior developers and assist with intern project designs