Brightwire is a leading digital technology business based near Edinburgh. We are looking for a SharePoint / Office 365 Solutions Architect + Senior Developer to join our growing team.
Do you have a proven track record in delivering SharePoint solutions and consultancy, are you passionate about the technology, and want to bring your experience to a range of Intranet, Document management and Collaboration projects?
You will be a hands-on individual who is able to form great relationships with clients and colleagues, and will thrive in the variety of projects we have to offer, from intranets to complex document management and collaboration solutions. As part of this role you will:
- Work with customers to understand their needs and challenges
- Help define processes with a view to customising M365, SharePoint and Teams to suit customers’ needs
- Consult with and understand customers’ business requirements
- Participate in and lead architecture and design discussions
- Build and deliver PoCs
- Support pre-sales activities, including solution design and project estimation
- Understand agile development processes and ensure projects are on track
- Be familiar and confident working with DevOps
- Prepare applications for end-user training sessions
- Be a great communicator
This is a varied and exciting role, working as part of a supportive team of enthusiastic experts, with a range of interesting customers. At Brightwire we put ourselves in our customers' shoes, designing and building applications that will make a real and positive difference – so you will need to be customer facing, responsive and have a positive attitude, coupled with excellent communication skills.
Skills and experience
You should have demonstrable skills and experience in the following areas:
- A comprehensive and solid understanding of developing applications using SharePoint Online
- A good working knowledge of SharePoint Modern UI and building customisations using SPFx
- Experience of on-premise SharePoint development and migrations to SharePoint Online would be an advantage
- Good C#, .NET Framework and ASP.NET / Web service development
- PowerShell scripting
- Practical experience of Office365 and Azure. Experience preferred in intranet development, customisation, the user experience, Microsoft Flow and Teams
- SQL Server and database design skills an advantage
- Experience and knowledge of Azure Platform as a Service
- Microsoft DevOps
- Power BI
- Power Platform, including Power Apps
- You should hold relevant Microsoft certifications, or be prepared to follow the relevant learning paths and sit the qualifying exams.
What we offer
In this role you will be a key member of our SharePoint Practice, working with a fantastic team on significant customer projects. You will be able to influence and steer the architecture, design and implementation of modern workplace solutions. We offer a competitive salary and hybrid working options, as well as a industry leading benefits package including private health cover, a contributory pension scheme, a family friendly approach, the latest equipment, book allowance, bike to work scheme, gym membership and flexible working. We're invested in you, offering professional development and training tracks to help build on your skills.
We expect you to have a good eye for usability, and demonstrate respect and understanding of what our customers expect from their applications. You should be open to learning new technologies and have attention to detail – taking pride in what you produce, and how you produce it. You may be required to take part in pre-sales activities, to build and demonstrate proof of concept solutions and present technical recommendations. You will be customer facing, organised, responsive and adept at problem solving, with a can-do attitude and excellent communications skills.
We are an inclusive employer committed to diversity in tech, and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
To find out more and apply, please get in touch by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV or a link to your work.
Learn more at https://www.brightwire.net/careers/