Arundo is a software company based in Houston, TX, and Oslo, Norway, with presence in 6 locations in Europe and the Americas. Our software enables advanced analytics, machine learning, and IoT applications for more efficient, safer, and more effective physical systems in heavy industries such as renewables, energy, and shipping. Founded in 2015, Arundo currently consists of 40 software engineers, data scientists, designers, and industrial domain experts. We embrace the modern hybrid workplace and provide great flexibility for remote work.
Our team members are passionate about being part of a company that can solve tough problems and create innovative solutions. We believe in a fun environment, where our people can be fearless and feel empowered to always do the right thing. Arundites come from many different backgrounds including academia, industry, and even a submarine! We look for smart, creative thinkers with a player-coach mindset who can wear multiple hats and contribute to the company`s exciting future! And finally; we are 16 different nationalities and speak 15 different languages.
We are looking for a Senior UI Software Engineer to work in our product engineering organization. This position is central in driving select features into our Marathon SaaS product — and will grow to play an instrumental role in shepherding the overall UI architecture of this flagship product.
- You will be a key senior UI-focused engineer for the end-user and configuration persona capabilities
- You will partner with Product Management, UX and other engineers to get inside the mind of our end-user personas in order to deliver workflows that delight our customer base
- Research and recommend evolution of toolchain and technologies (e.g. frameworks, languages, packages)
- Knowledge of full-stack patterns
- You have experience mentoring team members in delivering customer-facing products and components and development of unit and integration testing in an agile environment.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are experienced in rapid prototyping, Scrum and agile methodologies.
- You have demonstrated: problem-solving, analytical and above all, professional software engineering experience; Bachelors or bootcamp experience interesting but not required
Desired Additional Experience/Skills
Combinations of these desired skills sets can set similarly experienced candidates with respect to required skills
- Experience in Svelte or VueJS a plus
- Experience with styling components
- Experience with Js build tools a major plus
- Experience with SQL a plus
- Experience in a Industrial B2B, IIoT and Machine Learning contexts is advantageous
- Pleasant-but-opinionated and experienced with UX ideas
- A values driven company with an inclusive and autonomous culture
- Highly talented and dedicated colleagues
- Collaborative environment with our offices in the US and EMEA
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Fun environment – we take fun seriously and have appointed a VP of Fun
- Regular team building activities
- Several social clubs of own choice (Data Science Club, Running Club, Females@Arundo)
- Collaboration with Stanford/StartX and MIT/STEX25
- Competitive salary and participation in the employee stock option program
- Benefits plan including 401k retirement plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
Houston, Texas; we will consider remote candidates
You are able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
You are able to work for any US employer without requiring sponsorship.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals in the position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Arundo reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.