Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who We Are
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking a Senior Staff Software Engineer to join the SoFi Bank team. This is a newly formed team that will have a huge impact on how SoFi manages our money. You will partner with the treasury, finance, and operations teams to automate, scale, and execute our biggest financial decisions. This is a leadership role and you will be influencing the business and driving projects.
On our team, you will be in the middle of it all implementing functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a solid sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design, and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through the building, deploying, and continual improvement and evolution.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development and testing of our systems and services
- Ensure that our codebase remains easy to change and is always shippable
- Participate in shaping the technical architecture of the product
- Deliver highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
- Communicate and collaborate with product and design
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years programming experience, ideally on a modern stack
- Our core stack is React / Java / Play / Spring / PostgreSQL, but you don't have to be an expert in any of these.
- 4+ years Java, Kotlin or Scala programming experience
- Understanding of relational databases and ORMs
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment (and git specifically), refining designs together, writing tests, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Agile-based project development in a microservices environment.
- Willingness to collaborate with others and lead the team
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and local legal requirements, effective on August 17, 2022, employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) to work from, travel to, or attend work related meetings in our NYC office.
The company will make reasonable accommodations when possible for employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability, pregnancy, sincerely held religious belief, or for other legally required reasons..
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email [email protected]
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.