Who we are:
Nutmeg is the UK’s largest truly digital wealth manager, offering clarity and transparency to both seasoned and first-time investors as they seek to achieve their financial goals. Launched in September 2012, Nutmeg now manages over 4.5bn on behalf of over 200,000 clients who have sought the powerful combination of an easy-to-use, adaptable investment service and market-leading human advice. Nutmeg is a J.P. Morgan company offering investments and digital wealth management services to consumers, complementing Chase’s digital bank in the UK.
At a time when people are seeking the closer relationship with money that technology can provide, Nutmeg:
- Has a team of over 240 employees
- Offers award winning stocks and shares ISA, Junior ISAs and Lifetime ISAs, as well as a personal pensions and general investment accounts
- Provides financial planning and advice alongside our award winning client services team
*We offer flexible working*
Job in a nutshell:
We run a pure AWS-based cloud environment and deliver features using a continuous delivery approach. Our platform comprises a mix of proprietary and open-source products fully running in Kubernetes.
Nutmeg products are served by a polyglot mix of microservices designed following Domain-Driven Design principles and composing an Event-Driven Architecture powered by Apache Kafka.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be a trusted technical authority within the organisation. While working embedded in one of our backend teams, you will take ownership of the long-term architectural vision for a section of the Nutmeg platform. As a member of the Architecture team, you will collaborate with other individual contributors to define and enable solutions to simplify and scale the Nutmeg platform. You will closely cooperate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in delivering and improving Nutmeg products.
We are looking for someone with previous job experience as a senior software engineer/engineering lead/principal engineer and a strong passion for solving complex technical challenges.
- Excellent knowledge of Java and Spring Boot
- Designing, building, and maintaining services in a microservice and/or event-driven architecture
- Deep understanding of automated test strategies
- Solid understanding of CI/CD principles
- Experience with cloud environments (ideally AWS)
- Ability to design architectures to meet scalability, reliability and security targets
- Experience in driving cross-function technical initiatives
- Explaining technical issues in a clear way to the business and other stakeholders
- Previous experience with two or more of the following: Apache Kafka, Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams, and Kubernetes