Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner some of the worlds largest companies, to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with account managers, you will assist in driving growth across a small set of global customers in your defined country. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with.
At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy working with large, global customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Key job responsibilities
· Ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
· In partnership with the account management team, formulate and execute a strategy
· Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
· Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
· Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
· 5+ experience with high performance computing algorithms and methods in Life Sciences, Genomics, Medical Device or Pharma
· 5+ years selling technology, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry
· Technical and/or business degree required.
· Seamless navigation of large scale enterprise
· Familiarity with common AI/ML techniques
· Familiarity with common large scale enterprise data strategies
* An advanced degree in physical or life sciences, computer science, engineering, or related discipline
* Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
* Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
* Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
* AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate * Understanding of application, server, and network security