As a software developer at Grio youll be focused on creating web applications using a variety of technologies.
Grio looks for our engineers to be both very creative and highly technical. You will be asked to tackle various coding obstacles and make smart decisions, including weighing the pros and cons of different approaches. There will be plenty of opportunity to move around, intermingle on various projects/product teams and hone your skills.
You should have an advanced ability to conceptualize, design and build product features. You will need to be able to take a feature and traverse the entire stack to build the pieces you will need to deliver a high-quality implementation.
Successful candidates keep up-to-date with best practices in software development and have a familiarity with leading-edge industry developments. A successful candidate will use this deep expertise to provide technical leadership to small and large teams. You must be able to demonstrate mastery of at least one frontend framework and one backend framework.
Our very best engineers are great communicators with the mental agility to both discuss the big picture and dive into the smallest details. We will expect you to articulate key technical concepts to audiences as diverse as business leaders and clients with little technical know-how, project leads, peers and junior developers.
Big plus if you have previous work experience in the tech start-up and/or managed services/consulting industry. This is a remote position, but candidates must be located and able to work in the U.S.
- 4+ years of seasoned experience building web applications.
- Previous experience building backend APIs.
- A desire to work on a variety of projects to upskill yourself quickly and embrace life-long learning as a developer.
- Proven experience learning new technologies on your own.
- A desire and willingness to work on a diverse team with a globally distributed workforce.
- Experience writing clean, maintainable and standards-compliant code.
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of design patterns, algorithms and data structures.
- BA in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience in the field.
- Previous experience building and styling frontend user interfaces using React or other relevant frontend technologies.
- Experience with other server-side languages such as Elixir.
- Experience with building mobile applications using native, Flutter, and/or React Native.
- Experience with DevOps.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS3, SASS, Webpack, Responsive design.
- Experience with Graphql.
Grio wants to hire great people. We will do so in a manner fair to all candidates that is without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or veteran status. Grio complies with Federal, state and local EEO non-discrimination hiring practices.
- Be part of a smart, dedicated, and agile team focused on delivering top-quality software, design and customer service. Make every project a success.
- Enjoy the flexibility of working on different projects, technologies and industries for different clients.
- Weekly team hangouts and in-house tech talks to share new ideas with each other.
- Competitive salary and company revenue bonuses.
- A 5% 401k match.
- Paid health/dental/LTD insurance, 50% health coverage for spouse and dependents to full time employees.
- We are a growing company with great employees and an emphasis on work/life balance.