Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be developing high quality applications and designing architecture to help implement solutions in the behavioral health industry. The Senior Software Engineer will have the opportunity to be hands on working on exciting projects while being a key part in mentoring and guiding junior engineers. You will be using technologies including but not limited to Angular, Spring Boot, and Camunda Rules Engine. In addition to having an impact on a great team, you'll also discover the career opportunities you would expect from an Industry Leader.
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways. Generally, work is self-directed and not prescribed.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
- Complex hands-on development, management and implementation of APIs and microservices, creating code that does one thing exceptionally well
- Modify complex APIs and microservices, focusing on improving the resiliency, performance and supportability
- Migrate foundational APIs and microservices to Strategic through analysis and good software engineering processes
- Assist in creation of decommission plans for foundational APIs
- Reviewing high level business requirements and collaborating with subject matter experts in architecting/designing multiple solution ideas, designs, and estimating work efforts
- Owns the technical debt backlog and high level plan
- Maintains current perspective on technology trends, applying that to personal and team capability growth. Actively participate in code review
- Work in a functional/technical capacity providing technical and functional expertise to business and various IT Teams
- Partner with Architecture and Product teams to perform Backlog tasks in the assigned priority
- Work with IT development peers and production support to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of issues and defects during development, testing, and post-production phases
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, DevOps, Security and performance evaluation and tuning
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in technology, computer science or related discipline
- 5+ years writing or consuming web APIs (using Java, Spring, MySql)
- 5+ years of Software Engineering with demonstrated modern engineering principles
- 3+ years of modernization and enhancement of existing systems
- 2+ years of development experience focusing on microservices
- 2+ years of Cloud enablement/migration/engineering practices
- 2+ years of building Microservice Architectures
- Master’s degree
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.