Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Position is for Senior Oracle RMB (Revenue Management/Billing) Developer to assist the team with maintenance and creating new solutions around our RMB technical environment.
Position is technical in nature and candidate will coordinate with existing functional team members to develop custom RMB solutions. This candidate must have deep knowledge/expertise around RMB submodules such as Account, Person, Rates / Pricing, Billing and Payments.
Help triage incidents and deliver problem ticket resolution. Find opportunities to drive modern technology transformation and also give guidance, train and direct junior developers.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
To know more about Optum Technology, select this video. http://youtu.be/7iNvN3d3HNA
- Help modernize the Billing System using ORMB product and roll out to different lines of business in UHC.
- Perform the analysis of new business process requirements, feasible tool/framework identification, strategy planning, test cases identification and identifying/providing the best possible approach to fit the need in Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB) application and implement a scalable solution
- Analyze the current functionality for the application and performing POCs for implementing new features
- Troubleshoots and identifies system bugs and inefficiencies within existing systems and develop patches and fixes to support the system requirements
- Manage system and application environments and support for the installs, configures, deploys, upgrades new version of the Oracle Billing and Revenue Management (ORMB) application
- Provides technical guidance and assistance for the team to analyze, test the systems and troubleshoot critical program errors and bugs, and assisting business users for resolving problems during pre-implementation, system and component integration testing, user acceptance testing and post production roll out of the application
- Help triage incidents and deliver problem ticket resolution. Find opportunities to drive modern technology transformation and also give guidance, train and direct junior developers
- Help integrate the billing application with upstream and downstream systems to share the information and increase the compatibility, and develop a process to automate the batch jobs in Tivoli Work Scheduler tool
To learn about our corporate culture, employee benefits and other important aspects of our organization, please click here
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree – Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience as software engineer
- Experienced in distributed solutions/technology (Java, oracle, weblogic, OUAF, hibernate, XML, JSON, Kafka)
- Functional Experience in Healthcare and Finance
- Expert in ORMB (technical and/or functional) with Healthcare/Insurance or Banking background
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.