Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
The HL7 Interface Engineer is responsible for implementing, maintaining, and supporting HL7 interfaces between customers, both external and internal, and Optum’s integration platforms. The Engineer will work in a team but will have individual assignments that he/she will work on independently.
Engineers are expected to work under aggressive schedules, be self-sufficient, work within established standards, and be able to work on multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates must be willing to work in a 24/7 environment and will be on-call as needed for critical issues. In addition, Sr. Engineers are responsible for leading / managing technical projects in collaboration with team resources. Sr. resources are expected to work jointly / collaborate with product teams leading the related development and implementation planning for our group.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze data exchange requirements
- Build, test, and document interfaces
- Troubleshoot issues in existing interfaces
- Develop and enhance existing processes for building interfaces
- Support project calls/meetings, Interact with customers
- Develop and deploy interface code as needed
- Perform maintenance tasks as needed in the interface environment
- Design and develop net new features / functionality for product integration
- Develop and document standard / repeatable implementations for related product integration
- Lead and manage internal technical projects collaborating with the required team resources
- Participate in joint product design / development sessions for integration
- Interface Analysis
- Interface Design, Development, and Delivery
- Interface Validation
- Interface Go-Live and Transition to Support
- Provider Enrollments
- Enhancements / maintenance as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years HL7 experience (version 2.x / version 3)
- 3+ years HL7 Integration Engine – InterSystems Ensemble / IRIS, or Infor Cloverleaf, or NextGen Mirth
- 3+ years interface support / troubleshooting experience
- 3+ years of experience with CDA (Clinical Document Architecture) standards
- 3+ years of experience with XML / JSON
- 3+ years of experience with SQL/T-SQL
- Working knowledge of Network Connectivity / VPN / Firewall / TCP/IP
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Other HL7 Integration Engine Platforms
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal resources and lead projects
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.