UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealthcare we're using leading-edge technology to create the health care system of tomorrow. When you join us as a Senior Software Engineer, you'll become part of a team focused on innovation and change. You'll work a little harder. You'll aim a little higher. You'll expect more from yourself and others. And at the end of the day, you'll be doing a lot of good. Through a lot of inspired individuals, we are using technology to build a health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. We are looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant and built for speed people like you.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be predominantly involved in developing business solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. You will be a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value. This is more than a challenging development role. This is high performance technology. Are you up for the challenge? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, implement and maintain .NET applications within all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Develop, test, implement and maintain application software working with established processes
- Communicate effectively with other developers and quality assurance analysts.
- Establish, refine and integrate development and test environment tools and software as needed
- Identify production and non-production application issues
- Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications
- Provide technical support and consultation for .NET application and infrastructure questions
- Mentor other software developers, providing guidance on best practices and proven techniques
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Math, Computer Science / Engineering or High School Diploma / GED with equivalent experience
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 4+ years of experience working as a .NET developer working with C# / ASP.NET / MVC
- 4+ years of experience working with relational databases
- Experience developing applications on .NET Core
- Experience developing applications from scratch
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working directly with customers
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite of tools to support automation of business processes (VBA, etc.)
- Experience with Azure DevOps pipeline developments (CI/CD setup)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.