Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum Digital team is in search of a senior full stack developer who will play a key role in the development and maintenance of an enterprise application used to manage to the company's daily activities and business. The successful candidate is expected to be able to create components that span the entire stack of the application utilizing robust, high-quality code that conforms to industry best practices. In addition, this candidate should feel comfortable mentoring other senior developers and actively participating in discussions around testing, CI/CD, scalability, UX and engagement with the business.
This role will work with IT, training, and operations teams to ensure needs are being met in the development of the enterprise platform.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, code, debug and assist with QA on existing bugs and new product enhancements for the enterprise application
- Produce reusable and maintainable solutions that are highly performant and maintain rigorous security standards
- Lead development efforts on large epic initiatives and complex 3rd party integrations
- Participate in code reviews, team training and mentorship of junior and mid-level developers
- Assisting QA and DevOps in QA efforts and maintenance of the development environments
- Actively assist in production troubleshooting and problem isolation/resolution
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years software development/software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience with Java, Spring Boot, Angular languages
- 5+ years of experience with CI/CD pipelines, GIT and Gitflow
- 3+ years of experience with architecting and developing micro services
- 3+ years of experience with AWS, SQL and enterprise application scaling
- React experience
- High level of comfort in the Scrum methodology and prefers to actively participate in the ceremonies
- Team oriented individual that prefers collaboration and a focus on the success of the team
- Organization oriented in having a comfort level with interacting and collaborating with non-technical departments on solutions that are best for the organization
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.