Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Software Engineer at Landmark you will bring and share your experience building and maintaining enterprise software applications. In this role you will work on an agile scrum team building new capabilities while also triaging, troubleshooting, and fixing production issues for Ubiquity, Landmark Health’s in-house developed EHR that powers the business.
If you are available to work during daytime office hours, e.g., 9AM-5PM, in ET and CT time zones, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop, code, unit test, and debug complex enterprise software products
- Troubleshoot business-critical application issues and problems with the required sense of urgency, identify root causes, document corrective actions, code the necessary fixes, and recommend future preventive actions
- Serve as a point of escalation for the Ubiquity customer support team
- Research emerging technologies and support software solutions to various problems
- Build high-quality scalable and predictable WPF applications on the Microsoft technology stack and maintain applications using C#
- Implement and configure applications (either internally developed or 3rd party) to meet the needs of the business
- Respond to evolving requirements in an agile environment
- Design, develop, test and deploy software components for existing and future products, covering functional and non-functional aspects like security and performance
- Develop technical design documentation to guide future software development projects
- Perform root cause analysis for issues, and provide effective and timely resolutions
- Provide ad hoc reports to support the business needs from application database
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and effectively present them to decisionmakers
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant field of study; or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of development experience in an Agile Scrum environment with technologies such as C#, Microsoft .Net, .Net Core, WPF
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering software at an enterprise scale
- Development experience with REST services
- Proven experience implementing software life cycle management (requirements, design, develop, test, validate, deploy)
- Demonstrated capability of working with a global team, including offshore teams, for development and production issues
- Positive and contagious high energy level and out-of-the-box thinking which inspires team
- members and demonstrates an ability to function in a creative, entrepreneurial environment
- Highly developed and effective problem solving and debugging skills
- Demonstrated experience contributing to team growth as an advisor, mentor, and coach to other engineers with positivity and enthusiasm
- Experience in MongoDB and SQL query execution and script skills
- Skilled in the unique challenges of healthcare software, specifically EMR/EHR systems
- Background with full functionality Windows applications which work offline and periodically synchronize data from a central data store
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.