Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage the Engineering AWS environment using modern config based tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, and Puppet
- Build and maintain Linux and Windows based server solutions for Engineering needs in AWS and/or Azure Cloud Platform Environments
- Troubleshoot and repair Linux and Windows hosts via command line (Ubuntu/RHEL/Amazon Linux/Windows Serve)
- Develop and maintain automation scripts using Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, and/or Puppet
- Develop and maintain programs and automation pipelines utilizing various programming and/or scripting languages (i.e. Java, Scala, Python, Bash, PowerShell)
- Create and participate in POC’s for various Engineering initiatives
- Engage in brainstorming and braintrust sessions with greater Engineering organization to empower and accelerate Product and Engineering teams
- Submit PRs and participate in code reviews (Github)
- Build monitors and alerts to keep uptime high, and incidents low (Splunk, Datadog)
- Develop technical documentation (i.e. Detailed System Design documents, LucidCharts, Visio, etc.)
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure business Engineering infrastructure needs are met
- Experience performing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and documenting learning lessons at a detailed level
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams to help them with their projects
- Remediate security vulnerabilities in the IT server environments
- Support company efforts to achieve compliance with SOC2, HITRUST, and other certifications
- Continuously evaluate advancements in server, cloud, directory, and related technologies
- Manage automated patch management and updates
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of practical AWS experience or equivalent capability (EC2, EFS, RDS, VPC configuration)
- 3+ years of experience with one or more programming and scripting languages like Java, Python, Scala, Ruby, Go, Rust, etc.
- 2+ years of experience being a senior member of a technical team
- Capable of making situational architecture decisions
- Proficient in Bash and PowerShell scripting
- Experience with CI/CD tools and platforms like GIT, Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Experience with Application Server Platforms configuration and optimization (i.e. Red Hat JBoss, IBM Websphere, Oracle Weblogic, Microsoft IIS, Apache Tomcat, etc.)
- Experience with XML, JSON, EXCEL, CSV, and FLAT FILE with data and file formats
- Experience with SOAP/RESTful web services configuration and development
- Experience with one or more databases from configuration and installation perspective (i.e. Oracle, MS SQL, PostGresSQL, MongoDB, DB2, and/or MySQL)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code Platforms like AWS CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, Packer, or Chef
- Ability to be a team player, can operate independently and shows initiative
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.