Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Currently we have a fragmented system across our care management and population health capabilities for UHC, Optum and our provider organizations. Current VBC reporting includes 40+ different reports, data marts and multiple teams supporting internal and external users. Since every team builds their own integrations, the result is misaligned data, use of tertiary data sources, multiple product roadmaps and multiple, sometimes competing, backlogs.
We currently manage Population Health and Value-Based Care using 4 core tools including Practice Assist, Clinical Transformation Tool, Evolve and iPCA. Consolidating these tools and bringing the 40+ different reporting sources together will help:
- Create a streamlined user experience and aligned technology experience for internal and external users
- Improve workflow and productivity for clinical transformation activities
- Create accessible, timely, streamlined and enhanced performance reporting to improve effectiveness of our Care Management, Value Based Care and Population Health efforts
- Support timely incentive calculation and adjudication capabilities to include more providers in Value Based Care arrangements, specifically in Spectrum and HPP programs
- Integrate Population Health and VBC Technology in CM Modernization and UM Modernization efforts (where possible), while ensuring business continuity, positive provider engagement and the ability to deliver 2022 affordability goals and LOB commitments
- Avoids duplication of efforts and duplicate cost – two or more teams/resources make the same effort to do a similar task
- Leverages synergies between teams – teams work together to complete their goals by leveraging each team members strengths and unique perspectives to produce more remarkable results than what can be achieved alone
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collectively owns end to end development responsibility for a given feature. And responsible for end-to-end quality
- Works independently under limited supervision. Possess skills to effectively deal with issues, challenges within field of specialization to develop application solutions
- Provides technical support to team. Helps team in resolving technical issues
- Closely working Business Teams, Onshore partners, deployment, and infrastructure teams
- Design, code and test the user stories committed for a sprint
- Develop innovation, strategies, processes, and best practices
- Develop and automate business solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of test methodology experience for data integration scenarios
- 3+ years of data warehousing, data processing, and data integration experience
- 3+ years using testing platforms and tools
- QA experience in Healthcare, EMR integration, HIE integration, Medicare, HEDIS, STARS
- Experience with complete software development life cycle
- Working knowledge of HL7, CCD and other clinical data standards
- Clinical Data Interfaces and other related Clinical Interoperability scopes of effort
- Displayed ability to communicate effectively with clients and executives
- Proven ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Critical thinking, problem solving skills
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodology/best practices
- Experience and successful track-record of learning new tools and technologies and leveraging these on integration and implementation projects
- Experience working with Jenkins
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.