About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer…Come join the Consumer Technology (CT) Auto Finance organization and Manage My Loan as a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Senior responsible for leading operations and aligned DevOps teams as part of the Site Reliability Engineering practice. You will shift right in the in Software Development Lifecycle Management to ensure quality, and shift left through Site Reliability Engineering to improve Availability enabling DevSecOps. You will be responsible for the vision, strategy, roadmap, and support of the entire product portfolio of to improve availability and customer satisfaction aligning to the Wells Fargo Six S Strategy. You will partner closely with the Head of Group Platform Management, Site Reliability Engineering, Enterprise Architecture and Engineering, and the CIO for CT Auto Finance to ensure products and services we provide to our customers are "Always On."
About this role:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Troubleshoot, and analyze production job failures related to data, network file delivery, and server and application issues independently and provide solutions to recovery. Participate in root cause analysis and preventative actions to avoid recurring incidents.
- Participate in the buildout of automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Apply technology background in software engineering and systems engineering to ensure the applications on-boarded to SRE are available, have full-stack observability, are integrated with CI/CD, and always-on by introducing continuous improvement through code and automation, continuous testing (performance, functional), and provide operational insight through analytics.
- Assess the availability of critical business flows, identify service level objectives and indicators, and conduct destructive and resiliency testing to reach 99.995% availability for the firm's critical products and services leading to improved customer experience and customer satisfaction.
- Develop original and/or complex code, provide coding guidance/review, and create documentation
- Introduce enterprise capabilities, tools, and innovation to improve availability in a multi-cloud ecosystem by evolving observability, monitoring, logging, CI/CD integration, continuous testing (performance, functional, ), continuous improvement, and standardization/automation of key SRE metrics and IT Service Operations processes.
- Evolve continuous inspection capabilities code quality to identify problems before they manifest in production.
- Introduce and expand AIOps, and robotic process automation (RPA) to solve complex operational and systemic issues, and to improve availability of products to customers.
- Share support responsibilities for critical applications, to identify systemic issues, conduct blameless post mortems, root cause analysis, and introduce strategic solutions in code that solve the problem and eliminate repeat issues.
- Be willing to work non-standard business hours on an on-call basis in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years experience troubleshooting and systems administration experience across multiple OS Platforms: Cloud, Kubernetes, Linux, Windows, VMware
- 2+ years experience with web platforms: .NET, SQL Server DB
- 2+ years experience with monitoring tools: AppDynamics, Basemon, ELK, Splunk, Netcool, Kafka, etc.
- 2+ years experience with Automation Scripting: Bash, Shell, Ansible, Terraform, Azure DevOps
- 2+ year of experience with Cloud technologies: PCF, Azure, AWS, GCP, etc
- 2+ years Incident Management System experience
- 2+ years experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings)
- 2+ years experience using JIRA.
- 2+ years experience using logging/monitoring tools: Filebeats, Sitescope
- 2+ years experience with Data Services platforms: Bigdata, Datalake, Hadoop, Spark.
- 1+ years experience with AIOPs tools: BigPanda, MoogSoft.
- Experience with one or more CI/CD Pipeline (Github, Jenkins) and Automation tools: Gradle, Maven, Git, Ansible, Puppet
- Experience with one or more Observability/Monitoring tools: Elastic, Kibana, Grafana, AppDynamics, Kafka, Big Panda, Splunk
- Experience with one or more Data/Data Structures: Kafka, Apache Airflow, Logstash, Spark, Oracle, SQL, Mongo, Hadoop, Cloudera, AWS EMR, S3
- Knowledge of one or more additional capabilities: Uipath, Robotic Processing, and Capacity Management
- An industry standard certification
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.