Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Technology/Benefit Operations is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to help a team working on new projects to support various strategic Cirrus / UHG / Optum initiatives. To help drive the completion of these key initiatives, we are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer with proficient technical and communication skills to serve in a Senior Developer role.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Evaluate business requirements and prepare the detailed functional and technical specifications that follow project guidelines
- Participate in story grooming, creating story tasks and estimating the same
- Work in an Agile environment with Developers and Quality Assurance Analysts to ensure full understanding of requirements and design
- Act as the liaison between Business and Systems Analysts, Developers, QA and Project Management Groups
- Lead and mentor other Systems Analysts
- Hands on end-to-end development in core Java and .Net technologies, API Writing (REST/SOAP)
- Hands on development on Spring Boot framework, Jenkins Pipeline, Cloud Enabling the APIs
In this role, you'll be at the center of the Software Development Life Cycle; working with end users to further develop the customer experience into a next generation product. You will be challenged daily to improve the customer experience. The work takes an ability to solve technical and strategic challenges using innovative approaches. You'll be using complex data to support business decisions, and you'll need to demonstrate collaborative, creative and conceptual thinking.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in systems analysis or IT Development including experience in all phases of Software/System Development Life Cycle
- 5+ years of experience translating business requirements into a detailed system specification
- 5+ years of experience mapping data from web services or database to user interface
- 4+ years of experience working with Java 8
- 4+ years of experience working with Oracle
- 2+ years of experience working in .Net/C# technologies
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Health care experience
- Experience working with test plans and test cases
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) session
- Experience working on messaging platform (like IBM MQ, Kafka)
- Experience and good understanding of security like OAuth Tokens, SSL Certificates etc.
- Groovy / Spock
- Unit Testing Proficiency
- Object Oriented Concepts and Principles
- Data Models
- Git Version Control
- APIs (REST and SOAP) utilizing Java/JEE and Spring Boot Framework
- MySQL, MongoDB, RDBMS
- DevOps / Cloud technologies (Docker Container, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure)
- Understand concept of the Firewall rules, Load Balancer (F5), API Gateway
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.