Engineer IV, Software (Remote)
Come work with Cutting Edge Technology!
The Engineer IV, Software is an experienced professional who participates in leading, creating and extending Omnicell products. This person is a solid developer who can apply industry and corporate best practices to produce quality applications. This person applies their practical and theoretical knowledge from Computer Science and previous experience in Healthcare or a related industry. This person works as part of a team to design and develop new products as well as maintain Omnicells current portfolio.
- Work as part of a team to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Provide technical leadership for the design, and implementation of Omnicell software solutions
- Lead discussions and estimations required for product release planning
- Collaborate with software quality engineers in all phases of testing
- Collaborate with cross-functional team on documentation and training
- Conduct code reviews for fellow team members, as required
- Create unit tests to help ensure code quality throughout the applications life cycle
- Understand how Omnicell solutions meet our customers' needs and how suite of products is used across the continuum of care
- Grows and mentors other engineers
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Expertise in Object-Oriented analysis, design, and programming
- Expertise in using design and refactoring patterns
- Good understanding of cloud technologies
- Good understanding of cybersecurity principles
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in Agile/Scrum software development lifecycle management
- Proficient in distributed source code control like Git
- Understanding of Internationalization / Localization
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics or other Science/ Engineering field preferred; experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelors degree
- 8+ years hands-on experience in software development with degree; 16+ years hands-on experience without a degree.
- Demonstrated software leadership experience in an agile environment
- M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other engineering fields of study
- Healthcare or Medical Device software development experience
- Onshore/Remote environment
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
To protect our employees, partners, and customers, Omnicell requires most U.S. employees to either be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain approval from Omnicell for an exemption and accommodation for a medical condition or a sincerely-held religious belief or practice.