Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The care delivery and health solutions markets are hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. It has never been a more exciting time to join Optum Health’s technology team to aid us in transforming how care is delivered and experienced.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and continuously improve software
- Translate product concepts into project commitments that deliver incremental value to our customers frequently and with high quality
- Work with business partners/product owners to understand desired system functionality
- Understand new product capabilities and decompose the implementation into specific functional changes for verification
- Participate in Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases
- Perform data analysis, comprehensive testing of product distributions prior to release
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code, test, deploy, and support
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Perform root cause analysis for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions
- Be innovative in solution design and development to meet the needs of the business
- Oversee the technologies, tools and techniques used by the team
- Ensure that development standards, security policies and procedures are adhered to
- Work with the scrum team to get projects developed and implemented
- Provide support and leadership during development sprints across multiple scrum teams
- Provide accurate and timely estimates for tasks
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solve complex problems and/or conduct complex analyses
- Discover root cause analysis on all in-scope incidents and recommend a corrective action plan
- Work with team to achieve timely resolution of all production issues meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements
- Adapt in dynamic and collaborative work environment and make independent decision
- Work in large, collaborative, and global teams to achieve organizational goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in IT field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of development and testing experience in Java
- 3+ years of experience working with relational databases
- 2+ years working with RESTful services
- 2+ years of Agile delivery experience
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals: unit testing, code reviews, telemetry, agile and DevOps
- 1+ years of Cloud experience
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience implementing large-scale/high performance componentized web applications across multiple technology domains
- Experience working with some of the following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools, serverless architecture, containerization, public / private cloud, application observability and/or messaging / stream architecture
- Experience in the Health Care industry
- Understanding of distributed architecture design principles
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.