Senior Software Engineer – Malvern (Malvern Technology Centre)
We are looking for someone to join our team of highly technical multi-disciplined and enthusiastic engineers and project managers;
These projects span a diverse range, from pure research through to product development and deployment. Recent projects include specification, development and delivery of; Training and Simulation Systems, Next Generation Global Navigation Systems, Counter-Drone systems, underwater signature measurement ranges, Autonomous Systems, high security classification networks and databases, specialist test systems and electronic warfare test systems.
We offer the opportunity to get involved and help create the solution, across the whole lifecycle from feasibility to acceptance with challenging and unique engineering projects. Some travel may be involved; such as visiting customer sites, MOD ranges, multi (UK) site working and collaboration with partner teams and companies. Hybrid and remote working arrangements are available dependent on project requirements.
You will be joining a team of highly technical multi-disciplined and enthusiastic engineers contributing to the development and installation of software. You will work numerous stakeholders in a diverse team; activities include:
- Technical Leadership of a small team of developers
- Agile software development ranging from research concept demonstration projects to High-integrity product development
- C# Design and development
- C++ Design and Development
- Network Communications
- Optimisation of C# / WPF, .NET Software Components using Visual Studio
- Message Interface / API Design
- Multi-Threaded Development
- Deployment of software as part of concept demonstrations
- Deployment of software components and configuration of VMWare Virtual Machines
- Porting and integration of legacy code
- Experience of dotNet memory analysis techniques; use of Memory Profilers to identify performance bottlenecks.
- Instrumentation of software for benchmarking and verification of performance requirements.
- Production of supporting technical documentation for solution.
- Test Definition and Traceability From Requirements to Design and Test
Role responsibilities and challenges:
Development and optimisation of Data-Driven (DD) User Experience (UX) Near-Real-Time (NRT) components hosted within a distributed embedded software architecture.
- Development of C# / WPF Software Components using Visual Studio
- Resolution of Software Problem Reports from Formal Tests.
- Identifying and resolving performance related issues within the Display Software using instrumented test points and 3rd Party Memory Analysis tools.
- Deployment of software components on VMWare Virtual Machines.
- Integration of Real-Time Display Software with embedded subsystems.
Education, Qualifications and Training
- Degree in Software Engineering or similar.
- Experience of optimising software using Microsoft .Net Framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Expert C# Knowledge.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) – Advanced / Expert.
- Model-View-View-Model (MVVM) Architecture.
- Design Patterns.
- Windows 10 Development Platform.
- Knowledge of Virtualisation Environments (VMWare).
- Atlassian Development Tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Memory Analysis / Profiler Tools (e.g. RedGate ANTS Memory Profiler)
- Adherence to Coding Standards (e.g. Parasoft dotTest, Jetbrains Resharper)
Personal Qualities and Behavioural Requirements
- Thorough and determined.
- A proactive and dynamic professional attitude to internal and external customers.
- Good analytical skills.
- Pragmatic and reasonable.
- Good problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work under time and budgetary pressures.
- Open, honest and enthusiastic team member.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Desirable Criteria (but not essential)
- Git for Source Control.
- Atlassian Development Tools
- Borland Starteam
- Amazon Web Services Cloud deployment
- Appreciation of Network security
- RTI Connext DDS
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.