The Emerging Technology team within Fidelity s Asset Management Technology group is seeking a highly motivated and curious full-stack Engineer who is passionate about the application of emerging technologies in Financial Services! Come join a collaborative team of Engineers and Data Scientists to prototype, learn, and ultimately deliver solutions supporting our machine learning, artificial intelligence, and advanced data analytics initiatives!
The role will be available in Boston, MA; Raleigh, NC; Merrimack, NH.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Experience with Python across the development stack; for example, data pipelines, RESTful APIs, cloud native apps, and/or front-end applications.
- A creative problem solver and a curiosity fueled by keeping up with advanced technology and industry trends, especially in the open-source community
- Exposure to object-oriented programming (OOP) using Python or equivalent
- Experience building and deploying cloud native applications (AWS preferred) utilizing CI/CD and DevOps best practices
- Skilled in SQL and knowledge of RDBMS concepts
- Experience in at least one unit testing framework
- Familiar with MLOps and the machine learning lifecycle
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with a knack for explaining complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Additional technical skills that are nice to have: containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), distributed computing (Spark, Dask, Celery), orchestration (Airflow, Kubeflow), NoSQL and Graph databases, Angular, Jenkins, Concourse, Linux OS, GPUs
- Bachelors or equivalent with 2+ years of experience or Masters with 0+ years of experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
The Emerging Technology team is on the frontier of Asset Management Technology and delivers innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enable Asset Management to achieve competitive advantage globally. Our work in this truly groundbreaking initiative will provide a major contribution to Asset Management s investment performance and scale and efficiency objectives
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.