VEED.IO is an online video editing platform that makes creative videos easy and accessible to all. Our platform is used by millions of creators around the world who use our products to tell stories, create content, grow audiences and more and hey, you might even know some of them!
We're at a super interesting stage right now: two years ago, we had no staff and no money, and now things are going really well: we are the fastest-growing video editor in the world, we are profitable and we are building out the product.
How do we work on Product Activation?
We adore interacting with our users and believe it is the most effective approach to get to know them. This is crucial since, after all, they are the ones paying for it! We've also utilized analytics to assist us in finding underutilized areas of development as well as develop tools outside the editor to help us continue growing exponentially.
To date, this strategy has guided our entire growth development and has served us extremely well’.
That being said, as our customer base keeps growing it is becoming harder and harder to do this manually. Our ambition is to place data-driven decision making at the core of our culture as we move forward and we need your help to make this happen!
It is critical not only to us, but also to our users. Of course, behind every well-designed product or service is a team of talented individuals who make the magic happen. Building powerful creative tools in the browser that are highly accessible is a huge technological challenge, as well as an ongoing effort in areas where new possibilities may present itself in the rapidly changing world of content. We are an ambitious team and we are constantly trying to push the boundaries of what is possible on the web. And this is exactly why we are always on the lookout for the most talented, creative and exciting teammates to join us!
What will you be doing?
Helping new users find the value in VEED, building features, running experiments driving up retention for our new users.
You'll be working mainly with Typescript on the frontend along with ReactJS then Node on the backend, to help us develop more experiments and features for our clients. We are a small early-stage firm that has a lot of greenfield area to explore and test new ideas.
We are always open to new ideas! Is graphQL something we want to consider? Or maybe something needs automating? Kubernetes? A new pattern we should adopt? Tell us more! We love people who are curious and take initiative.
Who are we looking for?
We are searching for someone who is enthusiastic about solving complex technical issues, takes pleasure in their own work, and enjoys exploring new ideas to develop innovative things. We truly believe that the greatest candidates do not think of themselves as simply engineers; rather, they see themselves as makers who focus on numbers for high-performance outcomes. This implies being confident working on a wide range of concepts that may be entirely new to you.
We know that not everyone fits into boxes and we are all always learning, however here are a few things that we are looking for:
- Someone who is experienced in ReactJS and has a strong knowledge of JS fundamentals. Some experience with Node would also be an advantage.
- We care about how we write our code, so we are looking for someone who is comfortable going through code reviews, knows how to test their code and make it more performant
- Have a startup-mentality, be a problem solver, focus on getting things done.
- We don’t care about university degrees, but we would like to see you have a good bit of theoretical knowledge in areas you have worked in and are interested in
- Enjoy working at a fast pace
- Have good communication skills and be a team player who is happy to lend a hand if someone gets stuck
- Someone who can roll up their sleeves and jump on different things. Building a simple set of experiments isn’t always so simple, so you might work on video compressors, convertors, data analytics or architecture stuff. You don't need to know it all, but someone who is not scared of a challenge
- Be able to contribute to the culture of engineering excellence by writing better documentation, teaching more junior teammates or improving processes around engineering in general
- Experience working with video is a bonus
What makes us special:
Work from home with your dog?
Work in a cafe?
Need a few days off?
Swap a weekday for a weekend?
Working a half-day?
All of the above is 100% good for us!
Our entire team is remote (and always has been). This is our work from home view everyday <3
We are happy as long as you’re happy. You will have the freedom and autonomy you need to make decisions and do your best work. Our team is smart, energetic, extremely talented and driven. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we all love what we do.
OH one more thing! We would really encourage applications from ALL candidates. Our team is diverse in every way possible and we want to keep it that way 🙂