Maersk is achieving an unprecedented transformation in the growth of our businesses, rethinking the way we engage with customers and partners, and how the world’s trade flows across our global network. We are offering you a unique opportunity to help shape that journey and the future organization. As a part of this process, you will have an opportunity to drive the development of new products which will have the objective of creating value through new procurement initiatives and enabling end2end process integration within Maersk.
Join us as we re-think what technology can do. As a Senior Software Engineer for Procurement Data Analytics, you will be a key driving force in solutioning and delivering data centric strategic procurement initiatives.
The role encompasses supporting the development of Tech capabilities across various skills in India and Europe, scaling faster while building a high-performance engineering team and responsibility for delivering with quality while ensuring the scalability & maintainability of current and future solutions. The role will require you to actively collaborate with Product Owners, Delivery leads and Solution architects. You will be accountable for delivery excellence, customer delight, and employee satisfaction within the product team.
We are pursuing a best-of-breed Tech strategy, which includes several point solutions in combination with own developed solutions, the position requires the ability to understand and integrate these solutions to ensure a seamless experience for end-users and our external partners.
Maersk Procurement is a service function within A.P. Moller Maersk supporting our business units globally. In Maersk Procurement the vision is: “Every dollar spent is spent professionally”. The vision applies to upstream procurement where the ambition is to develop solutions that digitizes and automates strategic procurement processes across all business areas, as well as downstream where there is an opportunity to address complex Source2Pay and industry specific challenges with innovative solutions to ensure an automated process as well as a much-improved vendor experience for our partners.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Deliver scalable Procurement solutions across multiple technologies, with a focus on the generation of algorithms to automate decision making through the use of data
- Deliver procurement engineering changes covering both functional and technical aspects
- Work in an agile environment with business product owners, architects, developers/engineers and data scientists in executing on prioritized backlog
- Manage and follow product backlog, including prioritization of needs, creation of backlog items and mapping out dependencies in collaboration with users and customers
- Maintain leadership in the development of delivery standards and architectural governance
- Ensure solution stays standard as much possible & promote reuse of existing functionalities
- Enable high quality of solution delivery ensuring design is followed during build and support
- Maintain a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
- To be successful, you need to ensure deliverables match needs of stakeholders
Who we are looking for:
- 8+ years software engineering specializing in data analytics: Python, predictive analytics
- Experience of: Java, SQL, Azure, docker, CI/CD and Kubernetes
- Proven agile delivery experience in a variety of technologies/business domains, with experience of waterfall delivery models
- Experience of delivering end2end business process solutions
- Experience/knowledge of deploying automated solutions using diverse technologies such as robotics, artificial intelligence, machine learning etc
- Demonstrated track record developing solutions within teams spread across multiple geographies
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and able to articulate the technically complex to be understood by both technical and non-technical personnel
- Good problem solving, analytical & communication skills. Ability to work in demanding situations
Ideally, you will have (*)
- Experience of working in the Procurement arena and have some understanding of Source2Pay technologies
- experience of procurement is desirable, training and orientation to Maersk procurement would be provided where necessary
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.