At IBM, work is more than a job – it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be part of a core team of developers, architects and product managers building the next generation of market-leading payment products with our strategic partner. Your expertise at building highly automated, large-scale, high-performance, and reliable systems on OpenShift/Kubernetes will be critical, as you integrate core technologies across the IBM portfolio (including IBM Integration, Security, Data and AIOps) to create the modern payment technology backbone for our customers. In this senior role, you'll be expected to display a high level of technical knowledge, leadership and an entrepreneurial spirit, as well as being an excellent hands-on developer.
• Work closely with Architects, Product Managers and other developers to design, prototype, develop and test new features of our products using an Agile methodology.
• Lead integration work across the multiple products that comprise the solution, working with a broad set of subject-matter experts across the organization.
• Strive to understand customer expectations and translate them into effective technology implementations, providing frequent demos of progress to ensure alignment.
• Have an entrepreneur's mindset, willing to quickly pivot to do what it takes to make the project successful, even when the work required is outside your comfort zone.
• Develop solutions of the highest quality, backed up by your comprehensive automated tests feeding into our CICD pipeline.
• Lead and mentor junior team members to maximize the team's contributions and growth.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Proven experience in development of distributed, high performance, high-availability, message-based Java applications.
• Proven of experience developing software for cloud and/or hybrid cloud
• Shown experience developing containerized and cloud-native software running on Kubernetes (ideally OpenShift) and utilizing 12-factor design principles
• Technical team leadership with excellent communication skills – a proven capability in leading a team to deliver value for internal and external stakeholders.
• Deep experience leading squads of 5-10 developers in an Agile DevOps environment.
• Experience working with CICD practices and toolsets e.g. Jenkins, Travis, and git.
• Experience with building zero downtime solutions, including blue/green deployments
• Ability to document standards and procedures, paying attention to detail
• Deep experience programming in multiple languages including golang, Java, and Python.
• Experience with test-driven development and testing methodology
• Experience using deployment automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience in the Banking, Payments or Cards Industry.
• Experience of ISO standard messages e.g. ISO8583, ISO20022
• Expertise in databases (Oracle and Db2)
• Expertise with security products such as QRadar and IBM Security Verify.
• Experience using static analysis tools to assess and drive quality in code.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
About Business Unit
IBM's Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM's Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments-with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we're also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it's time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.